Induction cooktops have become very famous these days and are trending in the households.
When the induction cooktops first hit the market, they were most famous among the hostelries
as they are safe and portable. With the passing time as people are getting aware of this new,
safe and secure way of cooking; more and more people are shifting from Gas cooking to
Many people are still weary of induction cooktops as the concept is still very new to them and
usage differs from the traditional Gas cooktops. Gas cooktops have been between us for a very
long time now, and we are used to using it, and we are used to it.
Pros Of Induction Cooking
1. Fast cooking: Induction cooking is much quicker than gas cooking. You can boil water
using an induction cooktop in half the time than what it takes in Gas cooktop.
2. Energy and cost-efficient: Induction cooktops are made to be energy efficient as all the
energy that it generates goes into the pot. With ZERO energy wastage it also helps to
save a lot of money, Induction cooktops may be expensive but they save you a
considerable amount of money in the long run.
3. Safe: The induction cooktops are safe as the pots don’t get hot, they use a magnetic
field to heat up the material. The energy produced is transferred evenly throughout the
4. Clean cooking: The energy produced is in the form of a magnetic field, i.e. it does not
produce any heat to harm you or your house. There are times when you face a problem
of your food sticking to the pot, using an induction cooktop you will never encounter this
problem as there is no heat involved in the process of cooking.
5. Set desired temperature: You can set your desired temperature for cooking. Some
dishes are to be prepared only on a fixed temperature, using an induction cooktop you
can set the required temperature and you are ready to go.
Cons Of Induction Cooktops
1. Expensive: Cooktops tend to be costly at first but then saves you a lot of money in the
2. Dependency on electricity: Induction cooktops work only with proper electricity supply.
Pros Of a Gas Cooking
1. Not dependent on electricity: Gas cooking is considered to be one of the most reliable
ways. As long as you are connected to a gas line or you have a gas cylinder, you can
quickly cook and fulfil your requirements.
2. Set the flame according to requirements: Using a gas cooktop, you can set the flame to
your required heat. You can use high flame mode for cooking food faster and if you are
trying to prepare something which needs time to cook you can set the flame to low to
give the food enough time to cook properly. The temperature may not be set as
accurately as we can set using an induction cooktop, but it still works fine.
Cons Of a Gas Cooktop
1. Storage: The massive downside of using a gas cooktop is you have to keep the gas
cylinders in storage. You have to refill the gas cylinders regularly so that you don’t run
empty when required.
2. Unsafe: Using a gas cooktop, you have to deal with the fire. Fire is hot, and if you touch
it with bare hands, you will get burnt. The fire also leads to heating up the pot, which is
also not safe.
3. Expensive: Gas is expensive to buy, and a cost issue stands. Burning gas produces
heat, and a lot of heat is gets wasted during the process of cooking.
As a conclusion, we can find out that both the ways of cooking is an excellent way to go.
However, if you are concerned about the safety and if you have kids at home, you can definitely
go for induction cooking. Induction cooktops are considered to be very cost cost-effective and
energy-efficient, which will save you a lot of money in the long run.
Many people still use gas cooktops but gas being a Non-renewable resource we must limit its
usage. Shifting to Induction cooktops, you will make your household a safe place to live.
We Offers Wide Range of durable, Reliable & Easy to Operate inductions Cookers At Low Cost. Buy Commercial Induction Cooktop From Shiva Kitchen.